Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Step 2 Assign 14 Like Minded People

Like Minded People Step 2 Assignment 14

by Weight Loss Nikki Style on Friday, October 7, 2011 at 6:19am
Like Minded People Step 2  Assignment 14

I stopped into Head First Salon yesterday, and there sitting in the chair was one of my dear friends. This person has walked this same journey that we all walk, suffered the same set backs and triumphs that we have. As I sat and chatted to the ladies, I was thinking about how important it is to be around like minded people. It also is important to be around people that you can "tell all" to. These are the people that I can tell, I once ate a whole cheesecake cause I had eaten 4 pieces and was too ashamed to let anyone know I ate 4 pieces, so I had to finish the rest of it off! The ones that understand without judgement and allow you to feel loved unconditionally.

Having like minded people in your presence helps you to realize you can say what is on your mind, you can tell your deep dark stories in a safe place. Every time you do this, it releases a piece of guilt that holds you down. When the guilt has been released, you now have made room for new refreshing feelings of self acceptance and love.

Assignment
I would first like to thank all of you for being there to listen to all my craziness and let me know that I am not in this alone. I am eternally grateful for all of you and so many in my life who love me unconditionally. For your assignment, tell someone a story, a story that you hold deep inside, one about your weight loss journey that you are sad, ashamed or just unhappy about. You don't have to do it here, just share with someone you know, someone you can feel safe with and I promise you will feel so relieved!  You can inbox me if you want to share with me:) I am a pretty good listener!

No comments:

Post a Comment