Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Step 1 Assign 6 Avoidance!!

Avoidance!! UGH!

After putting my pad of paper on the fridge/pantry to record my feelings just before I eat I have one major discovery! Apparently, I am a procrastinator and I use food very frequently to AVOID the things I am dreading. I am usually a get up and go, go, go all day, lets get it done type of person, except when it comes to certain things like paperwork. My husband owns a tractor trailer and I have my own Massage Business and The Good News-paper, all of which I maintain the paperwork for. It is the most daunting task in my eyes, I would rather stick a hot stove poker in my eye than sit down to do a months paperwork!

A few years back I had this stupid thought of doing my husbands paperwork only once per year, YES you heard me right, ONE time a year I sat down and did all the books! That was the worst mess I had ever seen and we paid a lot more taxes that year, so now I make myself sit down once a month and catch up. Live and learn.

It is that time again, to start on last months paperwork and I find myself in the pantry or in the fridge trying to avoid this pile of misery, if I would just sit down and do the paperwork without procrastinating by making multiple passes in and out of the pantry, I would in fact be finished much quicker. I now am aware of what I am doing, and my only solution is to get a secretary, I figure that would save me about 5 pounds a month!

Assignment 6

Figure out which emotion you display the most when reaching for food. Identify it, feel it and figure out what strategy you could take next time so that you will not run to the fridge. Maybe you could identify it, write it down on the fridge and instead of opening the fridge go drink a glass of water, or take a lap around the house, or sit quietly and just breathe. By just letting it go instead of stuffing it down with food, you will feel a sudden shift in your self confidence.  

Sept 13-11

No comments:

Post a Comment