Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Reaching the Top!!

Reaching the Top!!

About 3 years ago I made a very big public announcement, my friend and I  was going to hike Mount Katahdin to benefit MS. We even publicized it to 20,000 people in print and countless readers online with The Good News-paper. We told the story of my business partner and friend who was diagnosed with MS, Grace Kennedy.

Grace is one of the most inspirational people I have ever met, she has buried a daughter, brought her husband through cancer and been diagnosed with MS. If you met Grace you would never know it, she runs around like a steam engine, gliding through life with an attitude that is only explained by her very own name...Grace.

When I approached her with the idea she said...sure! She actually wanted to climb with me!!This is a woman who has MS! She refuses to let it control her life and I admire her spirit and it is truly contagious.

So here is the part where I FAILED!! I thought by making this public statement it would force me to do something about my weight, yes again I was not ready and did not fulfill my promise. I quickly learned a very important lesson...you can not force yourself to make a change that you are just simply not ready for.

So now I am in a very different place in my life, a place where I am publicly making the statement that I will climb Mount Katahdin to celebrate the marking of my 365 journey all while raising money for a good cause. I started this journey on Sept 8th 2011 and plan to climb the mountain on Sept 8th 2012. Making this climb will signify just how far I have come and will also help fulfill my promise to a very dear friend.

If anyone would like to join me in the climb and training (I am planning over the next 4 months)or wish to donate to the MS fund please let me know and I will send you info on how to do this! Thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like To climb but I'm not sure how it will fit my time frames. We are planning a 100 mile bike ride ( in 1 day!) the week before. Then vacationing before/after the ride. Will keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete