Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

What a Feeling!!

What a Feeling!!

Have you ever heard that song What a Feeling from Flashdance? I love that song! I was listening to it today as I broke yet another personal record on my treadmill. Hearing it not only brings me back to some very wonderful 80's memories but also sends me a message that anything is possible when you believe. Here are just a few lyrics:
First when there's nothing
but a slow glowing dream
that your fear seems to hide
deep inside your mind

All alone I have cried silent tears full of pride
In a world made of steel
and of stone

What a feeling
Bein's believien
I can have it all, now I'm dancing for my life!!

Take your passion make it happen!

That is exactly how I feel! I can have it all, I may not be dancing for my life, but for the first time I feel like I am loving my life. (I will admit I did have a "flashdance moment" in my basement when I went past my record!! I was dancing like a fool to old Irene Cara!!)

Today was weigh in day, I am usually so focused on the scales and what the outcome will be that I won't even have a sip of water before jumping on them. Now that I have changed my focus to self love and self respect I have to say that I am feeling much more joy in my life. I have taken the stress out of losing weight, my new every other week weigh in helps me to stay focused, but it forces me make decisions based on caring about myself instead of the fear of the number on the scale.

You can feel a certain amount of joy when you step on the scale and see a 2 or 3 pound loss but there is no better feeling like breaking a personal fitness goal. Just a little over 3 months ago walking one mile was very painful, now I am jogging two. I was walking a 21 minute mile, now I am now jogging a 14 min mile! When sitting on the floor I had to waddle on my knees across the floor to the couch to pull myself up, not any more I just stand. It was impossible to squat and stand back up, now I can go straight to the floor and up. When I took a shower I would try to shave my legs and my ass was so large it would pop the shower door open, not now...it stays shut and I don't even touch it!!

What a feeling I say, there is no bigger reward than the way it makes you feel to succeed in every day life. So today when I usually would be on the scale focusing on how "good" or "bad" I had been, instead I was down stairs on the treadmill beating my record, proving to myself I had what it took to succeed! Who needs the damn scales? Not me!!

For those of you out there who are doubting yourself, let me tell you I have been there. It may seem hard but you are the only one who can change it, and it can be done! xoxoxo to you all!!

1 comment:

  1. For those of you out there who are doubting yourself, let me tell you I have been there. It may seem hard but you are the only one who can change it, and it can be done! LOVE this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete